Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Reset.

Can you believe it? I graduated from IIN!


Unfortunately, this is my only proof right now. I *think* I'm going to get some sort of official certificate in the mail.. and there's no real "graduation".. but hey, I passed all the tests and paid them all the money, so I'm good to go!

Guess the whole "I'm going to blog along with my journey" thing didn't really work out so well.

Whatevs. Because the thing that comes with being done with school? Is more time to do other things. Like blog - which I have so terribly missed in the past year (and then some).


Of course, life is still kicking me in the butt and keeping me busy as heck - even though I sometimes whine that I'm not busy enough. My god there's no pleasing this woman.

I think part of it has been that I've been so worried about the direction of this blog - feeling that, since it's sort of tied to a potential career path, it has to contain certain things, and not others. That I may not be taken seriously, or people may be confused, or what have you. But isn't that what editing is for? And hey, I tend to get the most responses to my writing when it comes from the heart and I can be me, 100%. So maybe I just say eff it and go with that.

Now for some actual content.. a brief blurb I wrote a few days ago, but never published. Something I'd just like to throw out there. The current state of affairs, if you will.

See, I'm going through this phase of questioning everything. Not like I don't always do that.. but it's in a different way as of late.

I know a lot of people say this, but I feel like I'm destined for something bigger, something greater, something that's not.. this. Don't get me wrong - I have some really great times and good days with life as is, but it's not necessarily fulfilling me in the way I need it to. There's been a lot of introspection going on in this jumbled up brain of mine.

In my mental and somewhat verbal (sorry, guys) search for that "something", I've had an opportunity arise that has kind of been dropped into my lap. It involves way too much coincidence to have it actually be that, and the prospect has the chance to be something perfect, something could take so many aspects of things I love and mush them all together into one fantastic little bundle. Nothing is for certain, but I can see this having so much promise for me career wise, as well as fulfilling at least a part of what I'm currently lacking.

I still have no idea where to go from here, but just the glimmer of something else, something more, is enough for now. I feel like I'm on the edge of something wonderful, and I just can't wait to get there.

(Side note: I now have Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga stuck in my head. I promise that my life situation is no where near worthy of that song... not yet, anyways!)

Have you ever experienced this whole introspective-questioning-life thing? How'd it go, or heck, how's it going?

No comments: