Sunday, January 12, 2014

Resolutions..? I am Ron Burgandy..?

Oh, eff it. I started writing this whole post on non-resolutions and how I don't believe in them, but you know what? I actually have a crap ton of resolutions for the upcoming year. Well, maybe more of a mix of resolutions and goals, really. Goal-utions? Reso-goals? Whatever.


Anyway, I figure the best way to possibly complete said goalutions would be to list them out - makes it more permanent and accountable, you know? And plus, I love me some lists.

1. Blog more.

Well, that's been a goal for what, a year and a half now?

2. Help out more around the house.

Let me put this out there: I have an extremely amazing, generous, and patient husband. Who does a crap ton around the house. I mean.. he's just so good at sweeping and the dishes and cleaning the cat box, you know? Who am I to get in the way of that?

Alas, he actually wants to be the one to go back to school/training this year (since it's been me twice now).. so I should probably figure out how exactly to use a vacuum. (Don't laugh.)

3. Purge.

I already did this before we moved over the summer, but I need to do another round. We just have so. much. ish. And I have so. many. jeans. Gotta cut the cord!

4. Get my health coaching in order.

I have a lot of ideas for this, but am having trouble implementing them. But, I am determined. And I am woman. Hear me (and my chia seeds) roar.

5. Organize my Pinterest.

Yes. I'm being serious. My pins and boards are all over the place and I really want to use that site for good.. but right now it's the equivalent of my room on its messiest day. Except for my wedding boards. Those are golden.

6. Take a break from social media.

So.. yes. This sort of goes against number 5. But I mostly mean Facebook - I check it too much, primarily out of boredom. I could definitely cut it back a bit.

7. Be happy with my myself, as I am.

That's part of the beauty of being both a health coach and human. This is still something I'm working on.

So what are your goalutions? How good are you at keeping them?



2 comments:

Amy said...

I have the same attitude about resolutioners - but I think it's just the fact that new years resolutions get forgotten somewhere in mid-January.

I think fresh starts are always nice and conveniently, after usually a pretty unhealthy, expensive month January roles around and the fact that it's a new month and year, we all are pretty excited about the idea of a really fresh start.

This year, this January - I was just sooo excited about a fresh start in a new home after a particularly crazy December and ready to get back into a routine that felt like me. Call it resolutions... fine. But for me they were just getting back into a rhythm after being completely derailed!

I am all with you on purging. I was all about it when I was packing, but then ran out of time and my basement is filled with boxes that have the most random crap in it. I have no idea when I'll get around to it, but I would like to purge about 40-50% of it.

Sara said...

I love all of these! Epecially I am woman hear me (and my chia seeds) roar! So cute! You can do all this! I know you can!! I have a ton of goals as well and many of them are similar (I want to organize my Pinterest boards too, but hadn't actually admitted that out loud until now)! Yeaa 2014!