Monday, February 24, 2014

Things I'm Loving

As far as the work week goes, Sunday is actually my Monday. Yet for some reason, Monday's are still so.. Monday-ish. I think it's just one of those things that's unavoidable, especially since the creation of the fabulosity that is Office Space. A case of the Monday's, indeed.

On another note, I'm sure we're all familiar with the Five Things for Friday and What I'm Loving Wednesday posts that are popular among the blogosphere.. and I firmly believe they are trendy for a reason. I personally love reading these posts, and often discover a few new things that I now love as a result. So why not start the week off with a bang, and do a Things I'm Loving post on a Monday?

Here goes:

- the Nature line from red flower

First off, red flower is a skincare line that I hadn't even heard of until late last year, when the wellness studio I work at started carrying their products. As the main office admin and senior massage therapist, I had a big part in bringing this line on and getting to know the products - one of which was a sampler kit for their Nature line. And ZOMG I fell in love.


This line is not only good for both body and face, but it's almost entirely organic and is made up of just generally "good for you" stuff like white peat and omega-3 berry oil. Sounds fun right? It totally is. (It's also not the cheapest stuff in the world, but hey.. staff discount!)


I especially love it because it has made my face so much more even and glowy.. and doesn't cause my super sensitive skin to break out. I've finally been able to ditch the Clinique Acne Solutions - which was more a preventative measure than anything else - and go to this much gentler, much more hydrating, and WAY more natural line.. and I'm now obsessed!

- monday night yoga class

I'll be completely honest: I don't always have the motivation to go to a 7:15pm class after a 9+ hour workday, but I always, always, always feel better after I go. Plus, my favorite teacher instructs this class - she's a former gymnast and also went to the same nutrition school that I did, just a few years earlier. I think of her as a great mentor, and I just love the classes she gives. Definitely perks up my Monday's!


P.S. I also super love my new lululemon yoga mat! Splurge? Yes. Worth is? Yes!

- warm days to (sort of) distract from this heinous winter

Weather around the country has been nuts this winter.. unless you're one of those lucky folk who live in LA. In which case, I'm incredibly jealous of you and we are not friends anymore.

But for anyone else, it's been cray. For example, here in the DC area, we had a decent snow storm a bit over a week ago that had schools and the government shutting down before a flake even hit the ground. To be fair, we did end up getting around 16 inches, which is the equivalent of Armageddon around here. Except half of it melted the next day, seeing as the temperature shot up to a balmy 55 degrees and I didn't even need a coat.


We also had a burst of warm air this weekend - I think it got as high as 62 yesterday - which was perfect for working at the farm. Even though it's going to be something dumb like 15 degrees in a few days, it's these little warm glimpses that give me hope that spring might possibly sort of be close by!

Tell me, what are you loving lately?

No comments: